Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Midwest Young Adult Cancer Conference
Saturday, March 23, 2013 from 8:15 AM to 4:00 PM (CDT)
This full-day event focuses on life after a cancer diagnosis for some of the 1.4 million young adult cancer survivors in the United States. Young adult cancer survivors face unique challenges, issues and concerns as they navigate life after a cancer diagnosis, no matter what the outcome. This conference will feature engaging workshops, resources, and networking opportunities that will help attendees Live, Survive and Thrive.
Who should Attend? Anyone who was diagnosed with cancer before the age of 40, and their supporters. Note that we will have a special session for parents of young survivors.
Our second Keynote Speaker is Anya Prince, staff attorney at the Cancer Legal Resource Center (CLRC). For more information about the CLRC click here.
For more information about the conference, including session descriptions, speaker bios, sponsors, and hotel accommodations visit our website!
Child care is available with notice - indicate your needs on the registration form.
8:15 - 9 am - Registration, Breakfast & Outreach/ Expo Booths
9am - 10am - Welcome & Keynote by Jonny Imerman
10am - 10:15am - Break
10:15 - 11:45 am - Concurrent Sessions 1
11:45 am - 12:45 pm - Lunch & Networking
12:45 - 2:15 pm - Concurrent Sessions 2
2:15 pm - 2:30 pm - Break
2:30 - 3:30 pm - Keynote by Anya Prince, "Understanding Health Care Reform: What it Means to us"
3:30 - 4:00 pm - Closing Remarks
Concurrent Sessions will include:
- "Creativity in the Kitchen: Preparing Your Nourishing Food" (Including cooking demo)
- Facilitated Group Discussion for AYA Parents - Launching and Re-Launching your AYA
- "That's Not What I Wanted to Hear" - End of Life Issues
- "Having a Safer Home- Chemicals in the Household"
- Getting Your Affairs in Order (Financial Planning)
- Keeping it Simple: Cancer and Exercise
- Murphy Desmond, S.C.
- Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin Clinical Cancer Center
- University Health Services - UW-Madison
- Wisconsin Cancer Council
Exhibitor & Sponsorship Opportunities Available - More Information >
When & Where
Gilda's Club Madison
For more information about Gilda's Club Madison visit www.gildasclubmadison.org